Strategies for Mentor Teachers, Instructional Coaches, and Administrators
What are some specific ways that we can help our struggling teachers succeed?
What are some approaches to take when struggling teachers resist support?
Obstacles to supporting teacher growth can come from many directions, including from the teachers themselves. This workshop will explore how support providers of all kinds can move struggling new and veteran teachers past their own resistance.
Practical strategies for supporting teachers who are struggling:
- Establishing & maintaining rapport
- Sharing classroom strategies for immediate success
- Fostering reflective thinking
- Using candid coaching & sharing the “Difficult Truth”
- Navigating tricky conversations with defensive teachers
- Getting commitments for change – classroom & schoolwide