Succeeding with Difficult Students
Conscious Teaching’s Rick Smith and Grace Dearborn -in partnership with PD360- have developed this classroom management e-learning course for K-12 teachers based on Rick’s best selling book Conscious Classroom Management.
The purpose of the course is to help both new and veteran teachers become familiar with the invisible concepts and strategies that effective classroom managers use. These strategies will help teachers and their students achieve more in an environment consciously constructed to feel safe and foster learning.
The course can be taken anytime by anyone, on demand, at school, at home or anywhere else that high speed internet access is available.
The course is self-paced, thus fitting all participant’s time schedules and lifestyles. The lessons are quick-paced, engaging and relevant for all teachers regardless of grade level, experience, or student population.
- The course consists of 10 lessons in three parts: Part 1: Foundation, Part 2: Prevention and Part 3: Intervention.
- View course outline
- Print informational flier
- It will take approximately 36 hours to complete the course.
- The course can be taken for 3 graduate credits for an additional fee.
- The course is facilitated by national classroom management trainers, Rick Smith and Grace Dearborn
Click on FAQs above to learn more about earning credits and other frequently asked questions.
Hundreds of research studies in education have concluded that the best way to improve student achievement is with a knowledgeable and skillful teacher (What Matters Most, 1996). In other words, the difference in teacher effectiveness is the single largest factor affecting academic growth of populations of students (Sanders, 2000). And the #1 teacher-controlled area influencing student achievement is classroom management (Wang, Haertl, & Walberg, 1994).